Asian American and Asian Diaspora Studies (AAADS)
The Asian American and Asian Diaspora Studies (AAADS) Program, one of the programs under the Department of Ethnic Studies, is dedicated to the interdisciplinary study of historical and contemporary experiences of Asian-ancestry groups in local, national, and global contexts.
The AAADS Program is committed to expanding and enriching the intellectual fabric of the entire academy by contributing to:
- Critical understanding of the rich and complex histories and experiences of Americans of Asian and Pacific Islander ancestry
- Framing of this knowledge and understanding within larger intellectual inquiries regarding race and ethnicity in national and global contexts
- Development of critical thinking and innovative learning through a socially engaged research and teaching curriculum
- Promotion of comparative, multi- and inter disciplinary approaches to the study of the historical and contemporary experiences of Asian Americans in local, national, and global contexts
- Strengthening of relationship between the university and the community by fusing academic learning with community engagement
If you have any questions about future events or how to support the AAADS Program, please reach out to Kelly Yun.
Kelly Yun ’11
Ling-chi Wang M.A. ’68, Professor Emeritus, AAADS, Chair *
Elaine H. Kim Ph.D. ’76, Professor Emerita, AAADS
Lok Siu ’B.A. 93, Coordinator, AAADS
Harvey Dong ’72, M.A. ’96, Ph.D. ’02, AAADS
Lisa Hirai Tsuchitani ’92, M.A. ’94, Ph.D. ’00, AAADS
Michael Omi ’73, AAADS
Jere Takahashi M.A. ’71, Ph.D. ’80, AAADS
Khatharya Um Ph.D. ’90, AAADS
Eunice Kwon ’11, Director, Asian Pacific American Student Development Office (APASD)
*AAADS: Asian American & Asian Diaspora Studies Program, Department of Ethnic Studies
2. SHARE: Share your photos and memories, including the hashtag #calreunions.
3. GIVE: Your contributions will help us establish the following endowments:
- The Asian American and Asian Diaspora Studies Fund
- The Elaine H. Kim Korean American Studies Fund
- The Chinese American Studies Endowment
To make a secure online gift, please visit the giving website for each fund (linked above). To donate by check please make checks payable to UC Berkeley Foundation, indicate the fund # in the “memo” line and mail to AAADS Program, 506 Barrows Hall, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720-2570.
There are no upcoming events for this class.